Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happy Lhosar! (Nepal Post #9)

After a relaxed morning in Chomrong we bounced down to Jinueh

and from there to the beautifully maintained hot springs. A lovely sylvan setting.

The water was about 85 degrees- perfect for relaxing tight muscles.


I could have stayed there for a long time... but instead we started walking...

and found a party!

Lhosar is the biggest festival of the year for the Gurung people (area where we were trekking). I was quickly be-decked

Hari danced

I may or may not have... but no evidence survives


From there we just kept walking... all the way back to our starting point. However many days up and 2 days down.

As dusk fell I turned back and saw Machupuchre bidding me a golden goodbye. Hard to believe I had left ABC less than 32 hours previous .


No comments:

Post a Comment