Monday 7 January 2013

Chzom Chzom Pokhara (Nepal Post #2)

We woke the next morning poised for the largest altitude gain of our trip- ~4,000 ft from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani.

The title comes from a popular Nepali song meaning "Lets Go Pokhara." It became our pre-hike "invocation."

An early start and we hit the trail hard- making excellent time up the stone steps and switchbacks.
Annapurna South in the background


A beautiful mountain stream

We stopped for lunch in Ulleri and reached Ghorepani by 12:30.

After the coldest shower I've taken I relaxed in the sun and continued Midnight's Children. I haven't so enjoyed a book in a long time.

For the first time I find myself surrounded by mountains, with Annapurna South twinkling outside my window. Now a rosy hue as the sun moves on to other Christmas eves.
Dhaulagiri from Ghorepani

No comments:

Post a Comment