Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Chance Meeting (Memory of Light)

One of my two favorite singing memories is from the Saint Chappelle in Paris. We made an arc around the upper chapel and sang 5 songs. The sun came out while we sang- a beam angled through the stained glass and illuminated the singer beneath. I could see the dust motes.

As I waited in line today at the ticket counter I saw a familiar face- our tour guide/organizer Bob Burns. I said hello and he immediately recognized me- "you were on the tour in 2001 when you sang here! I was just showing my tour group how you stood!"

I had a lot to do in Paris and little time. But I did stand here for a while.

And here






Slightly different angle





I found a nice spot opposite the Louvre to do some work reading/meeting prep














And watched the full moon rise over the Seine.



I don't love Paris. But you see this



And this


And this
And can only wonder at a city so rendered

No comments:

Post a Comment