Wednesday 5 December 2012

London Part Deux

English pears are stunningly tasty. I buy them every week at my local street market. Can't remember ever buying pears in the US

Doing laundry is difficult. I am fortunate to have a washer/dryer (dryers are rare). My socks come out stiff, I have to run the dry cycle 2-4 times, and I need to iron stuff like jeans. Sports clothes lose their elasticity, the load capacity is tiny, and clothes shrink in funny places.

Many signs in London remind pedestrians to "Keep Left." No one actually knows which side to walk on in many of the foreign enclaves so you corkscrew through the crowds. It's an interesting dividing point where pedestrians actually walk on the left (Islington, Hackney, some parts of Fulham) and where there's a disorderly mass (Chelsea, Soho, Picadilly, Pimlico). A correlation exists bw my favorite parts of London and where people walk on the left.

The other day I ran into England National Soccer team manager Roy Hodgeson. I wished him luck and said I thought he was doing a great job. He considered for a second and said "eh- no one ever tells me that!"

My Apartment

bedroom



My building


the courtyard
This sign requires no explanation
I cannot imagine a less confidence inducing sign

No comments:

Post a Comment